Dear students and parents…
Welcome back to school, and we especially would like to welcome you to grade 3 family of 2017/2018 school year. First, we would like to introduce ourselves, the homeroom teachers of grade 3:
Grade 3 Nusa: Ibu Nelda and Ibu Tika
Grade 3 Bangsa: Ibu Thasia and Ibu Rosmala
Grade 3 Bahasa: Ibu Citra and Ibu Tika
We are so happy to welcome you to work and learn together in this school year. Let’s make our learning journey joyful and meaningful, not only for the students but also for the teachers and parents. We are sure that we can work hand in hand to achieve the best result for all of us. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us through our emails:
Ibu Nelda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibu Tika: email@example.com
Ibu Thasia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibu Rosmala: email@example.com
Ibu Citra: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on August 11, 2017
To support the concept of Harmony, Primary 3 students will start their academic year with the knowledge about how to use art tools and how to take good care of them.
They are going to use lots of paint, a poster paint. They will explore the colors and learn how to mix color to make secondary and tertiary colors.
Central Idea – Shared rights and responsibilities support a functional community.
In English, we will be supporting out HRT’s with the UOI. We will be looking more closely at the rights and responsibilities of children and their roles as CHAMPIONS of themselves, their families and country. We will be working towards our first ‘BIG WRITE’ at the end of the unit. Our first ‘BIG WRITE’ will be a poster preparation and presentation on our rights and responsibilities as CHAMPIONS at SVP. During the 6 weeks of the inquiry, we will focus on developing speaking and listening skills, reading skills and writing skills that will enable us to be successful with the end of unit assessment.
In this unit students will learn to play pianika as major instrument for their level. In this basic level of pianika they will learn to play some songs in white key or mostly in C major. The right fingering will be the main point before we go further. Form is the key concept for this unit.
Trans Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: People have developed human rights in order to live in harmony
Key Concepts: Causation, Perspective, Responsibility
Related Concepts: human rights, harmony, equity
Lines of Inquiry:
- How human rights developed
- Why human needs rights
- How responsibilities go along with rights
Learner Profiles: Communicators, Balanced, Reflective
Trans Skills: Social skills
WALT: To prepare and present a poster to explain my rights and responsibilities as a CHAMPION for ourselves, our families and our country.
WILF – I can:
- Explain the meaning of personal rights
- Explain the meaning of my responsibilities
- Organise my rights and responsibilities into the 3 CHAMPION areas
- Prepare and present a poster to explain my rights and responsibilities as a CHAMPION
- Mendengar dan Berbicara: Perilaku disiplin
- Membaca: Harga diri (pengertian dan contohnya)
- Menulis: Norma di masyarakat
- Presentasi: Perilaku disiplin
WALT & WILF :
- Able to describe activities in mandarin with correct pronunciation and tone
- Able to read hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about activities
- Able to write hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about activities
WALT: Delivers an idea through a short video
- Cite resources
- Record video
- Use video filter (optional)
- Record and edit audio
- Add pictures
- Add and format text
- Use transition
- Save as a video file.
Students are able to:
- Solves problems which requires addition or subtraction of time
- Finds time interval or duration of activities
- Finds starting or ending time of activities
Shape and Space:
Students are able to:
- Designs and creates symmetric figures
WALT: makes colorwheel
- able to identify primary color & secondary color
- able to mix color to create a new color
WALT: pianika as main instrument
WILF: pianika fingering, the right breathing of pianika, play song mainly with the white keys, occasionally with black keys
To get information more about rule and law, the students conducted an interview to some teachers, staff and parents around the school area. They were enthusiastic to get the answer of what rule and law are.
Symmetry can be found in every single thing in our life. One of them is finding the symmetrical of alphabets. There are more than 10 symmetrical alphabets that we have.